Development and support of student technology startups by creating a successful startup community; assistance in providing favorable conditions from external partners for investment and development of ideas.
The university’s project-based activities are aimed at implementing grant-based and commercial projects, as well as at enhancing the availability of education in IT areas.
The lab focuses on software aspects of cyberphysical systems operation and development. In particular:
- Software development: development approaches and tools able to support CPS development. In particular, it focuses on the applicability of Agile approaches and open source use to reduce the costs and the time-to-market. Moreover, it investigates the impact of such approaches on certification requirements.
- Software quality: evolution analysis of software systems quality considering the maintenance requirements of CPS. Moreover, testing large systems is an important aspect that is considered from many points of view.
- Data collection and analysis: with development of new connected devices the number of data sources is increasing dramatically. Identifying and managing useful information to create business value is a new challenge that is relevant in many application domains (e.g., prevent failures, schedule ad-hoc maintenance, usage monitoring, etc.)
- Internationally excel in the research on the software and physical aspects of cyberphysical systems
- Improve (reduce costs, shorten development time, increase quality, etc.) the development of CPS through:performing quantitative analysis of how software is produced, maintained, and operated; developing novel approaches to support software development; develop support tools; data analysis and prediction; modeling and simulation)
- Train the new generation of researchers exposing them to both empirical and theoretical challenges
-Train the new generation of professionals able to address the evolving IT challenges providing them a strong theoretical and practical background